Chelsea J. Clark
A native of Dorchester, South Carolina, Chelsea joined Bruner Powell in 2018. Chelsea focuses her practice primarily on defending attorneys, insurance agents, and real estate agents accused of negligence in their work, but also enjoys working on a variety of other cases. In particular, she frequently handles civil appeals and began perfecting her legal writing skills in law school, working as an article editor for two different national publications.
Chelsea currently serves as Vice-Chair for the Administrative and Regulatory Committee of the South Carolina Bar, which monitors relevant legislation and collaborates in providing relevant administrative law CLEs. In 2021, Chelsea graduated from the South Carolina Bar Leadership Academy. Prior to joining Bruner Powell, she was a staff attorney at the South Carolina Administrative Law Court for two years where she was involved in several complex tax, environmental, and constitutional cases.
Chelsea graduated from the University of South Carolina School of Law, cum laude, in 2015. During law school, she worked on several public interest projects. Her work as a South Carolina Bar Foundation Fellow for the South Carolina Center for Fathers and Families received statewide attention. Prior to attending law school, Chelsea graduated from the University of South Carolina, magna cum laude, with a Bachelors degree in Russian after attending the Middlebury Language School for Russian in Vermont. She was inducted to Phi Beta Kappa in 2012. Before entering college, Chelsea earned a Cordon Bleu Diploma from the Tante Marie School of Cookery in the United Kingdom and she still enjoys cooking for friends and family.
What Exactly is the South Carolina Administrative Law Court?, SC Lawyer, May 2019
- South Carolina Bar
- District of South Carolina
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- South Carolina Bar, Administrative and Regulatory Law Committee (2016-present)
- South Carolina Bar, Construction Law Section Council Member (2020-2022)
- South Carolina Administrative and Regulatory Law Association
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- Richland County Bar Association
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Immigration Law (2015)
- University of South Carolina School of Law Pro Bono Program Pro Bono Award (2014)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Transnational Law (2013)
- Carolina Legal Scholar (2012)