Serving Clients for Over 25 Years
In 1991 James L. Bruner and Warren C. Powell, Jr., formed the law firm of Bruner Powell. In the following years, Henry P. Wall and E. Wade Mullins III, joined as named partners, making the firm Bruner, Powell, Wall, & Mullins. Today, Bruner Powell has grown in numbers, experience and practice areas, with nine full-time litigators ready to serve the needs of our clients.
Experienced and Active
Our firm has litigation experience before all state and federal courts, the tribunals of the American Arbitration Association, the United States Court of Claims, the various Boards of Contract Appeals, the Chief Procurement Officer of South Carolina, and the South Carolina Procurement Review Panel. Our attorneys also maintain an active appellate caseload with regular appearances before the South Carolina Court of Appeals, the South Carolina Supreme Court, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and other federal circuits.
Bruner Powell is one of few qualified firms in South Carolina recognized by the insurance industry as a qualified defense firm to represent attorneys in complex legal malpractice cases. We are extremely proud to have a significant number of published cases on record in South Carolina, some of which can be found here.
Recognition of Our Firm and Attorneys
Bruner Powell is honored to be recognized in the 2022 edition of “Best Law Firms” published by U.S. News & World Report—Best Lawyers®. Our firm has been regionally ranked a Tier 1 firm for the following practice areas: Construction Law and Litigation, Legal Malpractice Law, and Healthcare Litigation. Additionally, Bruner Powell was recognized for Administrative and Regulatory Law, as well as Insurance Litigation.
The attorneys of Bruner Powell have been awarded some of the most distinguished awards in the legal world and have been recognized by widely respected organizations. Here are just a handful:
- Warren C. Powell, Jr. is rated AV Preeminent, the highest peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell.
- Henry P. Wall is rated AV Preeminent, the highest peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell.
Best Lawyers in America®
- Warren C. Powell, Jr. is recognized by Best Lawyers in America in the practice area of Legal Malpractice Law – Defendants;
- Henry P. Wall is recognized by Best Lawyers in America in the practice areas of Construction Law and Litigation – Construction;
- E. Wade Mullins III is recognized by Best Lawyers in America as 2022 Lawyer of the Year in Administrative/Regulatory Law, in addition to being recognized in Construction Law, Litigation – Construction and Litigation – Health Care;
- Wesley D. Peel is recognized by Best Lawyers in America in the practice area of Litigation – Construction;
- Joey R. Floyd is recognized by Best Lawyers in America in the practice areas of Litigation – Construction and Litigation – Insurance; and
- Benjamin C. Bruner is recognized by Best Lawyers in America in the practice areas Litigation – Construction and Construction Law.
- Henry P. Wall is listed with Super Lawyers in the areas of Construction Litigation and Government Contracts;
- E. Wade Mullins III is listed with Super Lawyers in the areas of Construction Litigation, Health Care, and Government Contracts; and
- Wesley D. Peel is listed with Super Lawyers in the area of Construction Litigation.