Wesley D. Peel
A native of Hartsville, South Carolina, Wesley graduated from the University of South Carolina in 1990 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 1995.
Wesley devotes his practice to commercial litigation, with an emphasis on construction. He represents owners, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers in all areas of construction litigation, including mechanics’ liens, bond claims, contract disputes and construction defect claims. Wesley also represents professionals licensed in the construction industry before the state licensing boards. Additionally, Wesley advises both the insured and insurance companies by providing coverage opinions regarding Commercial General Liability Policies for construction claims. Wesley assists both owners and contractors with bid protests and negotiations of government contracts.
Wesley also practices in the areas of professional malpractice, where he defends lawyers, real estate agents, insurance agents, and other licensed professionals against professional negligence claims, and general commercial litigation, where he assists members of limited liability companies, partners, and others in business disputes.
A member of Shandon United Methodist Church, Wesley and his wife Julie have four children, Chandler, Caroline, Luke, and John. He is an Eagle Scout, and he enjoys working with the Boy Scouts of America and youth sports, including baseball, softball, and basketball.
- Wellman, Inc. v. Square D Co., 366 S.C. 61, 620 S.E.2d 86 (Ct. App. 2005)
- Bradson Mercantile v. Vanderbilt Indus. Contracting Corp., 883 F. Supp 37 (W.D.N.C. 1995), aff’d, 70 F.3d 111 (4th Cir. 1995)
- Middleborough Horizontal Prop. Regime Council of Co-Owners v. Montedison S.P.A., 320 S.C. 470, 465 S.E.2d 765 (Ct. App. 1995)
- “Commercial General Liability Insurance-Finding Coverage for Faulty Workmanship in Construction Defect Cases,” South Carolina Lawyer, Sept. 2003.
- South Carolina Bar
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Construction Law Section; Chair, 2009-10
- Section Delegate 2011-12
- Richland County Bar Association
- Cubmaster, Pack 37, Shandon United Methodist Church.
- Shandon United Methodist Church (Member)