Joey R. Floyd
A native of Turbeville, South Carolina, Joey attended The Citadel, where he received a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering in 1997. After graduation, Joey moved to Augusta, Georgia, to work as a Consulting Engineer with the engineering firm of Cranston Robertson & Whitehurst. In this position, Joey had the opportunity to observe and participate in designing various public and private construction projects while also earning his Engineer in Training Certification.
After gaining invaluable experience as a consulting engineer, Joey then pursued his law degree at the University of South Carolina. During law school, he was a member of the Student Bar Association and President of the Palmetto Law Society. While in school, Joey worked at Bruner Powell as a law clerk, and after graduating in 2001, he joined the firm as an Associate.
Joey has practiced almost exclusively in the area of litigation, having represented clients in the state and federal courts of South Carolina. His practice with Bruner Powell includes construction litigation, general business litigation, professional malpractice defense, commercial debt collection, and creditor’s rights. Joey’s client listing includes property owners, general contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers, equipment suppliers, sureties, financing companies, attorneys, real estate appraisers, insurance brokers and many other general business clients.
- Mowrer v. Charleston Cnty. Park and Rec. Comm’n, 361 S.C. 476, 605 S.E.2d 563 (Ct. App. 2004)
- South Carolina Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Richland County Bar Association
- Master in Equity Liaison Committee, 2009–2010
- Washington Street United Methodist Church; Child Development Center (Board Member)