E. Wade Mullins III
A native of Columbia, South Carolina, Wade attended Vanderbilt University where he received his Bachelor of Arts degree in political science in 1990. After graduation, Wade worked in Washington, DC for the United States House of Representatives, House Rules Committee from 1990-91. Wade returned to South Carolina to attend the University of South Carolina School of Law where he received his law degree in 1994. After admission to the Bar, Wade practiced with a large regional firm until 1999 when he and his partner, Hank Wall, joined Bruner Powell.
At Bruner Powell, Wade’s practice encompasses all aspects of construction law, including representation of general contractors, owners, subcontractors, architects, engineers and sureties in contract negotiation, interpretation, bid protests, claims negotiation, mediation, arbitration and other forms of alternative dispute resolution. Wade also practices general and business litigation, including contract disputes and product liability.
In his administrative law practice, Wade represents clients in state and local procurement matters, including solicitation and proposal review, contract negotiation and participation in administrative review. Additionally, Wade has represented health care providers in a variety of issues, including but not limited to medical staff credentialing, peer review cases and healthcare transactions. He has also helped clients through the Certificate of Need permitting and appeal process before the Department of Health and Environmental Control and Administrative Law Court. He represents corporations and professionals before the Board of Medical Examiners, the Board of Pharmacy and other boards under the jurisdiction of the South Carolina Department of Labor Licensing and Regulation.
Wade is married to the former Katy Jones, and they have four daughters. In his spare time, Wade enjoys running, fishing and other outdoor activities, and he is an active volunteer at Heathwood Hall Episcopal School and Trinity Episcopal Cathedral.
Wade is listed in Best Lawyers in the areas of administrative and regulatory law, construction law and litigation, and healthcare litigation. Wade and is rated Distinguished with High Ethical Standing by Martindale-Hubbell. He is also listed as a Super Lawyer in the areas of construction litigation, healthcare, and government contracts. In 2020, Wade was recognized as one of Columbia Business Monthly’s Legal Elite of the Midlands for both construction law and healthcare law.
- In Re: Appeal by ACT, Inc. (2014-16) and Appeal by South Carolina Budget and Control Board (2014-17), SCPD 2014-16 (II) and 2014-17 (II), 2015 WL 1692831, (S.C.Procure.Rev.Panel), April 7, 2015.
- S.C. Ret. Sys. Inv. Comm’n v. Loftis, 402 S.C. 382, 741 S.E.2d 757 (2013)
- In Re: Appeal by TAC 10, Inc. and Mr. Mark DeGroote (Debarment of SMART Public Safety Software, Inc., Mr. Robert Sorenson, Mr. Mark DeGroote, and TAC 10, Inc.) SCPD 2012-2, 2012 WL 6207177 (S.C.Procure.Rev.Panel), December 10, 2012.
- In Re: Appeal of Petroleum Traders, SCPD 2006-6, 2006 WL 4476350, (S.C.Procure.Rev.Panel), August 30, 2006, 2006-6
- Cincinnati Ins. Co. v. Dynamic Dev. Grp., LLC, 336 F.Supp. 552 (M.D.N.C. 2004)
- In Re: Protest of Companion Property and Casualty Insurance Company; Appeal of Companion Property and Casualty Insurance Company, SCPD 2004-4, 2004 WL 2516301, (S.C.Procure.Rev.Panel) August 3, 2004, Case No. 2004-4
- In Re: Protest of Palmetto Unilect, LLC; Diebold Election Systems; iPServices, LLC; Maximus, Inc.; and Election Systems & Software, Inc. Appeal of Palmetto Unilect; Diebold Election Systems; and Election Systems & Software, Inc., SCPD 2004-6, 2004 WL 2516305, (S.C.Procure.Rev.Panel), July 01, 2004, Case No. 2004-6
- F&D Elec. Contrs., Inc. v. Powder Coaters, Inc., 350 S.C. 454, 567 S.E.2d 842 (2002)
- Lottery In Re: Petition for Administrative Review GTECH Corporation v. South Carolina Education, SCPD 2002-4(II), 2002 WL 31955063, (S.C.Procure.Rev.Panel), May 07, 2002, CASE NO. 2002-4(II)
- South Carolina Jurisprudence and The South Carolina Environmental Compliance Update, contributing and published author
- South Carolina Environmental Compliance Update, Editor
- Environmental Law Journal, Administrative Law Editor
- South Carolina Bar
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- American Bar Association; Forum on the Construction Industry (Litigation Section Member)
- South Carolina Bar Association; Construction Law Section (Past Chairman) and Health Law Section
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Defense Trial Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute; Construction Law Committee and Alternative Dispute Resolution Subcommittee (Past Chairman)
- American Health Lawyers Association
- John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court
- South Carolina Administrative and Regulatory Law Association (SCAARLA)
- Carolina Children’s Home (The Hearth Center for Eating Disorders) (Member of Board of Directors)
- Episcopal Housing Corporation (Finlay House) (Member of Board of Directors)
- Richland County Transportation Commission (Member)
- Heathwood Hall Episcopal School (Former Alumni Council President and Past Chairman of Board of Trustees)
- Trinity Episcopal Cathedral Vestry
- Girl Scouts of the Congaree, Inc. (Former Member of Board of Directors and Member of Long Range Planning Committee)
- Downtown Columbia Lions Club (Former Member)