Chelsea J. Clark
A native of Dorchester, South Carolina, Chelsea joined Bruner Powell as an Associate in January 2018. Prior to joining the firm, she served as Staff Counsel at the South Carolina Administrative Law Court for two years where she was involved in several complex tax, environmental, and constitutional cases. Chelsea currently serves on the Administrative and Regulatory Committee of the South Carolina Bar, which monitors relevant legislation and collaborates in providing relevant administrative law CLEs. Recently, Chelsea was selected to be a member of the SC Bar Leadership Academy, Class of 2020.
Chelsea graduated from the University of South Carolina School of Law, cum laude, in 2015. During law school, she worked on several public interest projects. Her work as a South Carolina Bar Foundation Fellow for the South Carolina Center for Fathers and Families received statewide attention.
Chelsea honed her legal research and writing skills as an article editor for two national publications, the Journal of Law and Education and the Annual Review of the Institute for Inclusion in the Legal Profession. She enjoys writing briefs and memoranda for cases before agencies or appellate courts.
Prior to attending law school, Chelsea graduated from the University of South Carolina, magna cum laude, with a Bachelors of Arts in Russian after attending the Middlebury Language School for Russian in Vermont. She was inducted to Phi Beta Kappa in 2012. Prior to attending college, Chelsea earned a Cordon Bleu Diploma from the Tante Marie School of Cookery in the UK.
What Exactly is the South Carolina Administrative Law Court?, SC Lawyer, May 2019
- South Carolina Bar
- District of South Carolina
- South Carolina Bar, Administrative and Regulatory Law Committee
- South Carolina Bar, Construction Law Section Council Member
- South Carolina Administrative and Regulatory Law Association
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- Richland County Bar
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Immigration Law (2015)
- University of South Carolina School of Law Pro Bono Program Pro Bono Award (2014)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Transnational Law (2013)
- Carolina Legal Scholar (2012)