Brian P. Robinson
Brian graduated from Stanford University with a BSCE in 1969 and an MSCE in 1970. In 1995, he earned his Juris Doctor from the South Carolina School of Law.
For over 30 years, Brian has devoted his career to the construction field as a contractor and strong advocate. He has extensive experience working with the construction of large heavy civil works, including bridges, rapid transit, dams, powerhouses, and railroads, and with heavy industrial construction, including refinery, chemical, cement, paper, and materials handling.
At Bruner Powell, Brian concentrates his practice in construction litigation and professional malpractice. In his construction practice, Brian represents general contractors, subcontractors, owners, residential homeowners, sureties, architects, engineers, and homeowner associations in contract negotiations, claims preparation, contract disputes, mediation, arbitration, litigation, and appeals. In his malpractice defense practice, Brian represents attorneys, insurance agents, and surveyors against claims that they have violated the standard of care required of them in the practice of their profession.
- United States ex. rel. Williams Elec. Co., Inc. v. Metric Constructors, Inc., 325 S.C. 129, 480 S.E. 2d 447 (1997)
- “The New Home Warranty- Now You See It, Now You Don’t!” South Carolina Lawyer, January 2013
- South Carolina Bar
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court District of South Carolina
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Richland County Bar Association
- Past Member, The Beavers
- Active member of Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Order of the Wig and Robe