Serving Clients for Over 25 Years
In 1991 James L. Bruner and Warren C. Powell, Jr., formed the law firm of Bruner Powell. In the following years, Henry P. Wall and E. Wade Mullins III, joined as partners, making the firm Bruner, Powell, Wall, & Mullins. Today, Bruner Powell has grown in numbers, experience and practice areas, with twelve full-time litigators ready to serve the needs of our clients.
Experienced and Active
Our firm has litigation experience before all state and federal courts, the tribunals of the American Arbitration Association, the United States Court of Claims, the various Boards of Contract Appeals, the Chief Procurement Officer of South Carolina, and the South Carolina Procurement Review Panel. Our attorneys also maintain an active appellate caseload with regular appearances before the South Carolina Court of Appeals, the South Carolina Supreme Court, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and other federal circuits.
Bruner Powell is one of few qualified firms in South Carolina recognized by the insurance industry as a qualified defense firm to represent attorneys in complex legal malpractice cases. We are extremely proud to have a significant number of published cases on record in South Carolina, some of which can be found here.
The attorneys of Bruner Powell have been awarded some of the most distinguished awards in the legal world and have been recognized by widely respected organizations. Here are just a handful of our accolades.
Best Lawyers in America® 2017
- James L. Bruner was selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America® 2017 in the practice areas of Construction and Litigation – Construction;
- Warren C. Powell, Jr. was selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America® 2017 in the practice area of Legal Malpractice Law – Defendants;
- Henry P. Wall was selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America® 2017 in the practice areas of Construction and Litigation – Construction;
- E. Wade Mullins III was selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America® 2017 in the practice areas of Administrative/Regulatory Law, Construction Law, Litigation – Construction and Litigation – Health Care
- Bruner Powell is recognized by Super Lawyers, a national listing of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
AV Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Bruner Powell received an “AV” rating by the Martindale-Hubbell organization, the highest rating given to an individual attorney or law firm. The “AV” rating designates that a firm has reached the height of professional excellence and is recognized for the highest levels of skill and integrity.