Serving Clients for Over 25 Years
In 1991 James L. Bruner and Warren C. Powell, Jr., formed the law firm of Bruner Powell. In the following years, Henry P. Wall and E. Wade Mullins III, joined as named partners, making the firm Bruner, Powell, Wall, & Mullins. Today, Bruner Powell has grown in numbers, experience and practice areas, with nine full-time litigators ready to serve the needs of our clients.
Experienced and Active
Our firm has litigation experience before all state and federal courts, the tribunals of the American Arbitration Association, the United States Court of Claims, the various Boards of Contract Appeals, the Chief Procurement Officer of South Carolina, and the South Carolina Procurement Review Panel. Our attorneys also maintain an active appellate caseload with regular appearances before the South Carolina Court of Appeals, the South Carolina Supreme Court, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and other federal circuits.
Bruner Powell is one of few qualified firms in South Carolina recognized by the insurance industry as a qualified defense firm to represent attorneys in complex legal malpractice cases. We are extremely proud to have a significant number of published cases on record in South Carolina, some of which can be found here.
The attorneys of Bruner Powell have been awarded some of the most distinguished awards in the legal world and have been recognized by widely respected organizations. Here are just a handful:
Best Lawyers in America®
- Warren C. Powell, Jr. is recognized by Best Lawyers in America in the practice area of Legal Malpractice Law – Defendants;
- Henry P. Wall is recognized by Best Lawyers in America in the practice areas of Construction Law and Litigation – Construction;
- E. Wade Mullins III is recognized by Best Lawyers in America in the practice areas of Administrative/Regulatory Law, Construction Law, Litigation – Construction and Litigation – Health Care.
- E. Wade Mullins III is listed with Super Lawyers in the areas of Construction Litigation, Health Care, and Government Contracts;
- Henry P. Wall is listed with Super Lawyers in the areas of Construction Litigation and Government Contracts.